Retirement homes can be a wonderful place for seniors to find new hobbies and activities that they enjoy.
When it comes to senior independent living in Pickering, Livita Retirement Residences is the place to choose. We offer several retirement services and amenities that make our residences beloved by seniors and their families. We honestly believe that it is important for seniors to keep up with hobbies or start new ones while in a senior independent living home in Pickering. We have outlined a helpful list below to give you or your loved ones some great ideas.
Activities for Seniors Living in Pickering Retirement Homes
There are plenty of ways seniors can stay engaged, such as:
- Art: This is a terrific way for seniors to express themselves creatively and relieve stress. They can try painting, drawing, sculpture, or even pottery.
- Reading and Writing: They can join a book club or writing group, or simply spend a few hours a day dedicating themselves to either activity.
- Exercise: They can try activities like yoga, tai chi, or water aerobics, or simply take a walk around the grounds of their retirement home. However, before doing so, it is always best to speak to their healthcare provider first.
- Gardening: They can plant flowers, herbs, or even vegetables in a small garden plot or in pots on their balcony or patio.
- Music: Music is a wonderful way for seniors to relax and enjoy themselves. They can join a choir or singing group, learn to play an instrument, or simply listen to their favourite tunes.
- Cooking and Baking: This can be a fun and rewarding hobby for seniors. They can try out new recipes and share their creations with friends and family.
- Crafts: They can try knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, or even making jewellery.
- Board Games and Cards: Playing games can be a fantastic way for seniors to socialize and engage their minds.
Thankfully, if any one or more of these seem interesting, families or seniors can be happy to know that at our homes, we offer many of these retirement services! From day trips to crafts, to community trips, we have plenty of activities that seniors can take part in. By trying out new hobbies and activities, seniors can make the most of their retirement and enjoy a fulfilling and enjoyable lifestyle.
Choosing the Right Retirement Home
If you are looking for a retirement home near you that offers these activities and more, look to Livita Retirement Residences. Our spaces are comfortable, full of engagement, and safe. It is important to us to make sure that they lead happy, healthy, and exciting lives in our homes.
Contact us today for more information about our homes!