Last Updated: November 30, 2020
2.Our Commitment to Privacy
Livita is committed to controlling the collection, use and disclosure of the Personal Information (see definition in paragraph 3) provided by its customers.
3.What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” is personally identifiable information such as your name, residential address and e-mail address and includes information about your product and service inquiries and usage of the Website Service.
Personal Information is collected by Livita only when you specifically and knowingly choose to provide it or write an email to us containing Personal Information.
Publicly available information, such as a public directory listing of your name, address, telephone number and electronic address, is not considered Personal Information.
4. Collection and Use of Personal Information
Livita collects and uses your Personal Information solely for the purpose to respond to your questions concerning Livita, our products and services.
With your prior consent we will use your Personal Information to send you emails concerning updates to the Website Service, information on new products and services, our marketing campaign materials, about promotional offers, free materials, event invitations, and our newsletter. You always have the option, however, to tell us not to share your Personal Information or to exclude you from offers for other products or services or to remove you from our mailing list.
Unless you provide prior and specific authorization to release your Personal Information, or release is required or permitted by law, Livita will not sell, lease or trade your Personal Information to other third parties.
Anonymous or “non-personal” information gathered by Livita through our Website Service may be used for technical, research and analytical purposes. Information collected through surveys, existing files and public archives may be used by Livita to analyze our markets and to develop or enhance service offerings.
We will seek your prior consent to the collection, use and disclosure of the information as required by applicable privacy legislation. Subject to legal and contractual requirements, you can refuse to consent to our collection, use or disclosure of information about you. You may also withdraw your consent to any further collection, use or disclosure of information about you at any time by giving us reasonable notice. If our intended disclosures or uses of information change, we will notify you accordingly.
In certain circumstances, if you refuse to provide or withdraw your consent to the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information, you may not be able to use the Website Service.
We do disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with the law, to enforce our Conditions of Use and other agreements, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Livita, our users, or others, which may include for the purposes of fraud protection and credit-risk reduction.
To enable us to more efficiently provide the products and services you have requested from us, Livita may share your Personal Information with selected third parties who are acting on our behalf as our agents, suppliers or service providers. Such third party service providers are provided only with such information as is necessary in the circumstances. Information provided to third parties may be used only for the purpose stipulated and is subject to strict terms of confidentiality.
Livita will try to ensure that information about you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, please inform Livita of any change of name, address or other information. In the event you have questions about the accuracy of factual information we have collected about you, you will have access to that information in order to verify and update it. If we have disclosed inaccurate information about you to a third party, we will be pleased to contact the third party in order to correct the information.
If you have any questions about the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information or if you simply want to know whether we have any of your Personal Information on file, you may contact us. Except in limited circumstances, as specifically provided by applicable privacy legislation, Livita can tell you whether they hold Personal Information about you, the source of the information, allow you access to your Personal Information and find an account of the use that has been made or is being made of the information and the third parties to which it has been disclosed.
Livita will only refuse access to information about you in those circumstances permitted or required by applicable privacy legislation. If Livita refuses access to you, it will provide you with the reasons for its refusal upon request. Exceptions may include information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, and information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. Livita will respond to your requests for access in accordance with applicable privacy legislation.
10.Questions or Concerns
Livita has procedures in place to receive and respond to complaints or inquiries about its handling of Personal Information. They will describe the complaint procedures to anyone who makes inquiries or lodges complaints.
If you are not satisfied with the response from us after making a complaint, you may have recourse to additional remedies under applicable privacy legislation. For further information, please contact the federal Privacy Commissioner or your provincial Privacy Commissioner, as applicable.
13.Ten Principles of Fair Information Practices
(2) Identifying Purpose. Livita will identify the purpose for which Personal Information is collected at or before the time the information is collected. The purposes for which information is collected, used or disclosed by Livita must be those that a reasonable person would consider are appropriate in the circumstances.
(3) Consent. The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information, except where consent is not required by privacy legislation, for example, where the collection, use or disclosure of Personal Information is solely for journalistic, artistic or literary purposes.
(4) Limiting Collection. Livita shall limit the collection of Personal Information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the company. Personal Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
(5) Limiting Use. Disclosure and Retention. Personal Information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal Information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes for which it was collected.
(6) Accuracy. Personal Information shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
(7) Safeguards. Personal Information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
(8) Openness. Livita shall make readily available to its customers and employees specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of Personal Information.
(9) Individual Access. Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her Personal Information and shall be given access to that information except where Livita is permitted or required by law not to disclose Personal Information to the individual customer or employee. An individual customer or employee shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information disclosed to him or her and have it amended as appropriate.