With summer in full swing, it’s time to get out and take advantage of the warmer weather. While this season is perfect for having lots of outdoor fun and relaxation, it’s important everyone - and especially seniors - take the proper precautions in order to stay safe. Here are just a few great tips that aging adults can use to make sure they have a fun and safe summer:
- Even small increases in temperature can shorten the life expectancy for seniors who are coping with chronic medical conditions and require extra elder care in Oakville.
- Air conditioning is important to keep in mind in the summertime in order to stay cool. We recommend finding senior homes for rent, retirement community rentals, or retirement apartments to rent that either have central air installed already or offer the ability to install your own private air-conditioning unit in order to stay cool.
- Shopping malls, movie theaters, and libraries provide welcome, cool spaces as an alternative if a senior’s own home or rental isn’t air-conditioned.
Keep In Touch
- High temperatures can be life-threatening, so communication plays an important role in ensuring the safety of aging adults.
- Senior homes for rent, retirement community rentals, and retirement apartments to rent provide the opportunity to live within a community of people, making it much easier to stay in touch and let people, like your neighbours, know where you are going or if they should check in on you to make sure you are ok.
- If you live in a retirement facility that caters to assisted living in Oakville, this is also a great way to ensure that you are being closely monitored and that have quick access to help and elder care in Oakville if you need it.
- If you enjoy outdoor activities, such as walking or gardening, make sure to wear the proper clothing and protective gear.
- Don't stay out for long periods and make sure to drink even more water than usual when exercising.
- Also, consider getting outdoor exercise earlier in the morning or later in the evening, when the sun is not at its peak.
Queens Avenue Retirement Residence: Assisted Living In Oakville For Seniors
Are you overwhelmed by all the senior homes for rent, retirement community rentals, and retirement apartments to rent? Consider Oakville Retirement Home for your new home today. Contact us today to learn more about the benefits of our balanced-focus approach to retirement living and request an information package on Queens Avenue, book a personal tour, or inquire about a respite stay.