Staying healthy and feeling like your best self is important at any age. However, it’s not uncommon to slow down as we age. We may find that we don’t have as much vigour as we did when we were younger.
Transitioning to retirement, moving out of our home, experiencing loss, and facing physical and health challenges. All these can affect our capacity to live a vibrant life. However, getting older doesn’t necessarily have to mean slowing down.
Getting Your Vigour Back at Senior Residences
According to studies, human life expectancy has increased by over 30 years. This means plenty of years pursuing your passions and interests in life.
A vital element to making the most out of your golden years is having the right energy levels to do it. Getting back on track to living your best life can be challenging, but not impossible. Creating healthy habits can be the best gift you can give yourself.
Looking for ways to boost your energy levels and feel like your best self in retirement residences near you? Here are some helpful tips for you.
Exercise your brain.
Often, we think first about exercising our body when we want to be healthy. However, your mind holds so much power. Keeping your mind active is an excellent start to keeping your body active, too. Moreover, it can also have positive effects on your mental health.
Exercising your brain can be as simple as reading, doing puzzles, playing games, and more.
Make important lifestyle changes.
Daily activities in senior residences can have significant effects on your energy and enthusiasm. It’s important to look at your lifestyle choices and how you can make changes to live a healthier life.
- Sleep habits. It’s easier to feel active and refreshed when you’ve had a good night’s rest. As such, it’s important to cultivate good sleeping habits.
- Manage stress. Stress can take a lot of our energy away. Learn to manage your stress, by meditating, taking walks, or talking to a therapist.
- Daily exercise. According to studies, exercise cause changes in our cellular levels that increase our energy supply. It also boosts our body’s oxygen circulation and hormone levels, leaving us feeling more energized.
Certain food can influence our energy levels. It is important to eat well-balanced meals daily to keep our energy up. Excellent energy-boosting food options include:
- Complex carbs, like oats, whole grain, and legumes
- Fish rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Iron-rich foods, like spinach and eggs
- Food rich in vitamin B12
Living A Life of Vitality at Retirement Residences Near You
Here at Livita Retirement Residences, we believe that a balanced lifestyle is a better lifestyle. We are committed to helping our residents keep their health and well-being in check. We do this through enriching programs and services that keep them active and engaged.
Live a life of vitality with a community that gives value to your health and wellness! Get to know more about our top-notch programs by giving us a call today.